Common peroneal nerve
1) A woman presents with weakness of adduction and
internal rotation of the hip. She has sensory loss over the medial part of the
thigh. She is post-partum and the baby was delivered by use of forceps.
2) A young man who has recently lost a lot of weight
presents with a right-sided foot drop. There is weakness of dorsiflexion and
eversion at the ankle and there is weakness of toe extension. Sensation is
impaired over the lateral aspect of his lower leg and the dorsum of the foot.
3) A patient presents with weakness of all muscles below
the knee. The ankle jerk is lost. There is loss of sensation over the foot
except the medial border.
4) A patient presents with weakness of plantar flexion
and inversion of the foot. There is weakness of flexion of the toes. There is
a claw like deformity of the toes. Sensation is lost over the sole of the
5) A patient presents with weakness of the triceps muscle
and a wrist drop. There is sensory loss over the first dorsal interosseus